There are more than 266,300 web designers’ jobs in the US. The demand for web designers is skyrocketing as digitalization takes norm.
Research suggests that there are more than 1.92 billion websites in the world. If you own a website, you’ve to be outstanding to attract traffic. Thanks to technology, you can step up your web design game.
You sure need to shine bright in this competitive web industry. Does it sound pressurizing? Relax, we’ve got you.
Read this article to identify the top web design trends for 2019.
1. Flat designs
Flat designs rank as one of the most influential trends in web design. The trend is anchors on the simplicity and functionality of your website.
It’s common for some virtual spaces, images, effects, and outlay to be complex. Flat designs reclaim the shortcoming with simple and responsive web designs.
With all insight on how impressive flat design is; you must be curious how to create a flat design for your website.
- Buttons: Buttons makes the information icon stand out and easy to identify
- Typography: It’s a fundamental element in flat designs. Typography helps to create style and mood that represents your content’s theme.
- Forms: Flat designs allow you to style the themes, inputs, text areas, and drop-downs in a more appealing way.
- Color and Shapes: Flat designs use bold and bright colors to draw appeal to your clients. Try out the various colors that match your theme.
Note: Although flat designs help create minimalistic and light interfaces, you should use them in moderation.
2. Interactive Web Design Trends
Users love highly interactive websites. The idea is to personalize the client’s user experience. The virtual space is full of data, numeric, and all type of information.
Immersion in this overwhelming structures can be stressful. Making your website interactive and engaging help eliminate the liability.
So, what new trends should you use to make your website interactive?
- Request for ratings from clients
- Incentivize with gamification and rewards: Travel websites are fond of this strategy which works magic in attracting traffic and customer loyalty.
- Integrate quizzes, polls, and stories
- Use a conversational tone and most importantly, don’t forget the social media share buttons. In the digital world where accessing information is instantaneous people want to share exciting and great content. Make it easy for your clients with share buttons.
3. Animated GIFs Web Design Trends
Research shows that the internet has ruined the attention span for many. People are looking for quick fixes and entertainment-based content. Today’s readers and website users have an instant gratification mindset when it comes to information finding.
If such elements are amiss, they’ll leave your site in a rush. You don’t want that, right? Animated GIFs can help fix the attention span dilemma. How?
- Animated GIFs offers information in an easily-digestible and straightforward technique.
- GIFs relent complex ideas in a short period.
- GIFs are engaging and entertaining
Well-crafted GIFs help build interests for clients to learn more about your product. Application of GIFs has a bonus as they’re easy to browse. They’re also accessible on mobile devices.
If you want’ to capture the attention of your target audience, GIFs are the weapon for you.
4. Web Accessibility
Web accessibility is not a new trend in web design. In the past, people with disabilities have been shut out in website accessibility. You can fix the problem.
Web accessibility is a tool you can’t afford to ignore now. It’s not as complicated as you may think.
All you need is a few simple coding and design tweaks. The objective is to optimize your website for everyone. Today, more people depend on the internet to get information as well as buy goods and services.
If you’ve got a website, it’s essential to provide equal opportunities for all users. Web accessibility is becoming increasingly important. There’s a need to ensure that all web operations are intact. Learn more on how to increase web accessibility to keep up the trend.
5. 3-Dimensional Illustration
Web developers and designers are looking to add depth and realism to graphics. The new trend helps blur the boundaries between the digital and physical worlds.
If you want to build a realistic experience with your target audience, 3-D is the revolution for you. 3-D web designs will help attract the millennial target audience and reduce bounce backs.
The benefits of 3-D web designs can be summarized as:
- Great visual effects
- Boosts your company image and brand name
- Enhances effective communication strategies
- Increases online presence as your design application is in multiple channels.
3-D designs emphasize glamour and art, especially when done professionally. If you want to expand your site traffic, a 3-D web design trend will help quickly grab the client’s attention.
6. Use of Organic Shapes
Organic shapes are increasingly popular in web designs. If you’re new to the term, you must be wondering what organic shape is? Organic shapes don’t emulate the known shapes like triangles, squares, or circles.
The shapes appear to be hand drawn. What’s so appealing about organic shapes?
- They’re attractive to users due to their personal and humanistic touch.
- Organic shapes add depth to your site, especially when combined with illustrations.
- Breaks the monotony of the standard shapes
- Quickly grabs readers’ attention.
7. Broken Grid and Asymmetrical Web Layouts
This trend represents modern web designs. Recent trends show significant value for designing the web layout within a given a grid.
The design grids help build appeal for your site and consistent alignment.
The broken grids and asymmetrical web layouts break out of the standard grid. It gives you room to integrate creativity and creation of another level of the hierarchy.
If you want to establish brand identity and uniqueness, broken grids and web layouts are the way to go.
It’s time for your website’s success. You don’t want to lag behind with old web design trends. These top 7 trends will shape the web design in 2019.
Whether you want to create a new website or revitalize an existing one, you’ve to keep up-to-date with emerging trends.
Don't be left behind! Contact us for web design and web maintenance services.